Friday, February 3, 2012

Spice up your morning!


Many people, like me, start their morning with a coffee. However, you can get your morning caffeine boost in a much healthier way by drinking tea! One of my favorites is a vanilla spiced chai tea latte. Black tea has lots of healthy anti-oxidants and the added spices are also good for you. 



I use Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea. It's inexpensive and available at the grocery store. To make into a latte, first fill your mug about 3/4 full with boiling water. For convenience, I fill the mug with filtered water and microwave for about 3 minutes to get it hot. Next, steep the tea bag for 3 minutes and then take out and discard. Fill the rest of the mug with your milk product of choice, I use Almond Breeze - Unsweetened Vanilla. Finally, add a dash of cinnamon and mix it up! Cinnamon adds great flavor and is thought to increase circulation and open breathing, increase awareness and vitality, and reduce fatigue. 

Try it out and let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

What do you think?