Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Wantable - makeup and jewelry subscription service

Wantable

Monthly subscription services by mail are becoming more and more popular because they allow you to try new products or get new things for a lower price. I'm excited to introduce a new monthly makeup and jewelry box service, Wantable! Wantable sends you box full up makeup or jewelry each month (or just one-time). All pieces are full-size and not sample size, like some other subscription services. I got the chance to try out the makeup box and my first impression was the fancy-looking packaging (pictured below).


Before ordering from Wantable, you take a pretty extensive style quiz that asks for your eye color, skin type, etc. and also your makeup preferences (there is a style quiz for the jewelry box too). I really liked this aspect because I was able to say what kind of makeup I do and don't use and what colors I like to wear. For example, I said that I love nail polish and eyeshadow but don't use blush. I could also pick my favorite color palettes for each type of makeup. The quiz is great because I'm not going to get a full-size makeup product that I won't use.

The box came with five full-size make up items (total retail value of $86):


29 Cosmetics D'Vine Mascara - This mascara came in dark brown which is perfect for my complexion. It not only lengthens lashes but also contains vitamins to nourish lashes promoting strength and natural shine.

FACE Stockholm Cream Lipstick Leva - I don't wear a lot of lipstick but the color of this one is subtle enough for me to want to wear it. It gives my lips a nice natural color and softness.

KnockOut Cosmetics Flatte Polish Libery - I'm all about mint everything, including my nails! This nail polish is a great color and dries very quickly. I got plenty of compliments on it!

Apothederm Firming Serum - This serum should be applied to the face and neck after washing and contains botanicals and other advanced ingredients to help refine skin.

Lise Watier Glamour Rose Eyeshadow Gold - I like glimmery (but not showy) eyeshadows so this one is great! I used it on the base of my eyelids with a darker color on the outside corners and it really made my eyes shine.



Overall, I give Wantable a positive review and I'm actually going to order a jewerly box on my own because I want to see what's in it! I probably won't get the makeup box every month because I really don't use that much makeup. The good thing is that you can easily pause the subscription. Let me know what you think if you decide to try it out!

How it Works
Go to Wantable and select makeup or jewelry. Then, take the style quiz. You can select to get one box for $40 or a box each month for a  monthly subscription fee of $36. The monthly subscription can be paused or cancelled at any time. Shipping is free and you can also return the box if you don't like it (some boxes are eligible for partial returns). Also, check out Wantable on Facebook and Twitter!


Disclaimer: Wantable did not sponsor this post but they did send me the makeup box for free to write a review on my blog. All text and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?