Thursday, January 16, 2014

Get your fruits and veggies with Jamba Juice!

I was invited to a fun event at Jamba Juice on Michigan Ave. in Chicago this morning where I got to learn all about including fruits and veggies in your diet. Of course I already know how important this is but I must confess that I have a hard time eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies during the winter months when all I want is hearty warm soup. I agree with Jamba Juice that smoothies and juices are a great way to get your daily servings and keep healthy.


A new smoothie at Jamba Juice is called the Kale-ribbean Breeze and it has 2 servings of veggies and 2.5 servings of fruit in just the small size. The color is a nice green (below) because there is a ton of kale in the smoothie! The cup below shows just how much kale goes in a small size. Chia seeds add an extra fatty acid punch and mangos make it taste good. (The recipe contains greek yogurt so make sure to ask for dairy-free).


Making some smoothies...


We got to try lots of samples!


So, Jamba Juice has an awesome giveaway right now! They're giving away a MILLION smoothies and juices to all customers. So you can purchase one every day (or multiple per day) until the million are given away. They've partnered with ISIS which is new app to pay by using your phone. So to get a free smoothie you just have to pay with the ISIS app!

Don't forget to eat your fruits and veggies this winter!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I agree with you, I've got a hard time eating fruits and veggies in the winter. Seems like I'm always eating soups. If I could find a warm fruit recipe for breakfast, I would be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?