Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rugby tour to Cambridge

INSEAD is all about being open and trying new things, so, when asked by my roommate if I wanted to join Rugby Club, I said, why not? I've played plenty of sports throughout my life and rugby sounds like American football, so I thought, how hard could it be to learn? Full contact rugby has all kinds of plays and rules but the touch version is actually fairly simple, once you realize that you run and pass backwards (instead of forwards, like in football). After a few Monday night practices followed by drinking and chanting, I decided to join the club on the rugby tour to Cambridge, UK. 


The canal in Cambridge.



The guys team playing full contact against another college.


Practicing touch rugby in the park.


Watching rowers on the canal.


Fancy dinner at Christ's College.


Train station in London.


Enjoying some real English tea on the way back.


Have you ever played rugby?

2 comments:

  1. Katie @ Live Half FullNovember 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM

    My husband plays rugby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It's a rough sport but certainly fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?