Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fitness Log: Week 4/16

This is week 4 out of 16 for my half-marathon training, which means I'm a fourth of the way through after this week...what?! I did well last week with going to crossfit and a timed 5-mile run. I think I'm ready for a 6-mile run this weekend and I'm also going to try to finally make it to an endurance class.

Monday - Rest Day
Woke up for crossfit but I felt really blah so I stayed home.

Tuesday - CrossFit WOD
10 rounds of 90 seconds work and 90 seconds rest:
10 kettlebell swings (26#)
10 burpees
Max wall-balls (10#)
Score: 72 total wall balls
This was a tough workout but really pushed me to do the burpees fast(ish) so I could get to the wall balls within 90 seconds.

Wednesday - CrossFit Endurance
1-mile run: 7:37
5 minute rest
10-minute AMRAP:
5 push-ups
10 toes to bar
15 burpees
20 squats
Score: 3+ rounds
5 minute rest
1-mile run: 8:15
This was my first ever crossfit endurance workout (with a coach) and it was tough! The 5 minute rest periods were not enough to make my heart rate go down, and I felt really out of breath on the second mile. However, I'm glad I did the workout and hope to do them at least once a week. While long runs will prepare me for the length of the race, endurance WODs will make me faster, which is important for trying to PR!

Thursday -Rest Day
I was really sore from the endurance WOD on Wednesday so I just did a slow mile run on the treadmill and then a 20-minute yoga workout, it felt good!

Friday - CrossFit WOD
Fran!
21-15-9:
Thrusters (45#)
Pull-ups (blue band)
Time: 7:44
This was a new Fran PR for me!!! Fran is a good benchmark workout and I'm glad  that I'm getting faster, maybe I can use a higher weight and thinner band next time?

Saturday - Rest Day
I was going to do my long run today but my legs hurt so I decided to wait til Sunday. Ryan and I did walk around and play some basketball, so I was a little active :)

Sunday - 6-mile timed run
Distance: 6.33 miles
Time: 53:26
Pace: 8:27/mile
I'm glad I waiting until Sunday to do this run because my legs felt good and I had a good pace. My ankles/achilles were a bit sore and I'm not sure why, hopefully it goes away. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?