Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Working out for 365 days?!

I just came accross this blog about a girl who worked out every day for a year. Is it an impossible goal or one that's totally feasible. I've always tried to break a sweat once a day but I let life get in the way and really only work out 3-5 days a week. Rest days are important, but you should still move on a rest day with a short run, long walk, or a calmer workout like yoga. I tend to slack off the most on days that I'm tired or lazy because I think that I won't get a great workout so I might as well just put it off until  tomorrow. Perhaps a seemingly intimidating goal like working out every single day would not let me give myself excuses for not being active.



I'm tempted for this to be my New Years' resoultion and to use my blog to hold myself accountable. However, I'm really afraid that I'll fail like 10 days in! What do you guys think? Should I work out every single day in 2013?

4 comments:

  1. I will do it with you! We can keep each other motivated when we don't want to go. I would probably work better if we lived in the same city, but we could try it out. Yoga is a great "light" day workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in the same city would be a lot easier haha

      Delete
  2. I think that this effort would make working out seem like more of a chore. I think working it into your lifestyle which you have had great success with is the best answer. If it starts to feel more like a daily chore, that could have greater negative consequences than you just being fully inactive on some of your rest days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. I'm trying to make working out more of a habit in the morning. I already do pretty good, but I tend to skip days that I don't work out first thing in the morning.

      Delete

What do you think?