Friday, November 30, 2012

100th Post and Indy 500 Mini Marathon!

This is my 100th post! I was trying to think of something special to write about and then I decided, why not sign up for a race? The 500 Festival Mini Marathon in Indianapolis is a half marathon that I've been wanting to do for a while. Many of my friends run it yearly and it's also the biggest half in the country. The coolest part is that you get to run a loop around the Indy 500 track. Today is the last day before the race fee goes up so of course that enticed me to sign up.

The race is on May 4, 2013, so I still have a while to train. I probably won't start doing long runs outside until the end of February because I'm a little bit afraid of Chicago winter (this is my first year actually living here during the winter). For extra cardio fitness besides CrossFit, I'm planning on going to spinning sessions at Real Ryder Revolution about once a week this winter. I tried it out earlier this year in the spring and really liked it but decided to focus on running and CrossFit. Now that it's cold, indoor spinning will be a great alternative to running. Plus, they are having a great special of 10 rydes for $99 that ends today! (Notice how deals and saving money always get me to buy things...I still have that grad student mentality haha.)


 
Emily and I at the Indy 500 in 2008! She's also doing the mini in the spring!


Have you signed up for any races next year yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?