Thursday, January 31, 2013

Update on New Years Resolutions

It's the last day of January, how are you doing on your New Years Resolutions? I listed my health and fitness goals in my blog post on January 1st and since they are measurable goals, I want to provide an update on them every month or so to hold myself accountable. So here's a list of my goals and an update on how I'm doing:

CrossFit


  • Learn double unders - I have been practicing but no noticeable progress yet
  • Do regular push-ups (not on knees) - No progress :(
  • Do all pull-up workouts without a band (unassisted kipping pull-ups) - I've done 3 workouts with unassisted pull-ups this year so far with about 40-50 pull-ups per workout, so I'm doing good!

  • Pull-up at RNCF

    Running
  • Beat half-marathon PR of 1:55 in the Indy 500 Mini Marathon - It's been too cold to run outside but I need to start running in the next week or two. I did outline my training plan and put it on my calendar.

  • Eating
  • Participate in the Thrive Forward program - I've been going through the videos and learning even more about clean and healthy eating. I highly encourage you to check out the website!
  • Go gluten-free - I've eat gluten free all month with one exception! (There was absolutely nothing for me to eat at a layover on the way back from Puerto Rico earlier this month so I had to opt for a tuna sandwich.) 
  • Go back to not eating sugar - I really have been good about this except for on vacation in PR where I ate some flan...but that's ok 


  • After going to a free seminar at Karyn's Raw and participating in Thrive Forward, I also decided to add "Eating mostly raw" to my list of goals this year. I was not good about eating raw vegetables last year and I need to get more creative than just eating salads to get my raw veggies. I think basing your diet on raw fruit and vegetables is absolutely imperative to maintaining optimum health. Instead of changing my diet overnight (like I did 3 years when I turned vegan), I'm going to transition to raw food slowly and gently. I've experimented with a few new recipes this month but haven't perfected them (which is why I haven't been posting many.) This transition phase will lead up to March, when I will do a raw food detox with Karyn Calabrese. I'm really excited to do this and also share it with all of you! I'll keep you posted on my raw food journey.

    Do you have any tips for me for doing regular push-ups instead of on my knees?

    How are your New Years Resolutions going?

    4 comments:

    1. I am so impressed you've done unassisted pull-ups!!! Idk if I will ever get there!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It took me over a year and a lot of practice so don't get discouraged! And it's really more about figuring out how to kip than being super strong.

        Delete
    2. These are amazing NY Resolutions! Best of luck dear! Just found your blog through Lauren Conrad's website! Have a great day and I hope you can stop by my blog sometime! <3

      http://www.hsquaredfashion.com/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I like your blog! I am a huge fan of LC and she is also my fashion idol :)

        Delete

    What do you think?