Thursday, February 28, 2013

February update on New Years Resolutions


It's the last day of February, which means I need to update you on my New Year's Resolutions! I listed my health and fitness goals in my blog post on January 1st and since they are measurable goals, I want to provide an update on them every month to hold myself accountable. So here's a list of my goals and an update on how I'm doing:

CrossFit


  • Learn double unders - I slacked off with this the past month but started practicing again this week and got 12 in a row today! My plan is to make sure I bring my rope to class every day so I can practice.
  • Do regular push-ups (not on knees) - Little progress...practicing needs to become an everyday thing.
  • Do all pull-up workouts without a band (unassisted kipping pull-ups) - All of my pull-up workouts in February were unassisted. I think this goal is COMPLETE!



  • Girls WOD at RNCF

    Running
  • Beat half-marathon PR of 1:55 in the Indy 500 Mini Marathon - I have stuck to my training plan pretty well so far except for last week because it was cold and snowy. I plan to get back on track this week with 7 miles.

  • Eating
  • Participate in the Thrive Forward program - I've been going through the videos and learning even more about clean and healthy eating. I highly encourage you to check out the website!
  • Go gluten-free - So I ate gluten-free in January and didn't really see a difference. Here's my post about it. I think I am scratching this one off the list and adding "eating 50% raw food." I'm hoping this will happen after Karyn's Raw Detox in March.
  • Go back to not eating sugar - I did not do well with this in February! It all started with cake on my birthday, sweets around V-day, and Ryan just got me some cupcakes. FAIL! But the March detox 


  • Are you gluten-free?

    How are your New Years Resolutions going? 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    What do you think?