Thursday, November 7, 2013

The 8-minute workout

One of my friends recently told me that all he does for his daily workout is this scientifically-proven 8-minute body weight workout. I had actually seen this article before but didn't try doing the workout. However, I'm traveling to a conference tomorrow for a full seven days and I know I won't have time to workout. But, I have to have time for an 8-minute workout, right?

Do each movement for 30 seconds, with 10 seconds rest in between.

The best thing about this workout is that you only need a wall and chair, and a timer on your phone. You work every part of your body and it's proven that high intensity interval training (HIIT) works. You just have to be sure to make each 30-second movement worth it.

Have you tried this workout or something similar?

How do you stay motivated to stay active while traveling?

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! Usually I walk around somewhere I visit but I've lived in DC so it doesn't seem novel to sightsee.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?