Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Second City Food, Wine + Social Club Inaugural Event

I'm lucky enough (through blogger connections) to be part of the new and exclusive Second City Food, Wine + Social Club. Last night was our inaugural event and the main focus was wine tasting. We learned how to correctly swirl and smell wine before tasting and different aromas for red and white wines.We also talked about the different regions wines come from. It was a fancy event and I feel like I can talk wine better now. I'll impress you next time we go out to eat!


The wines that we tasted included:
NV De Bartoli "Family Selection" from Brut, Australia (Chardonnay)
2010 Domaine de Reuilly "Les Pierres Plates" from Reuilly, France (Sauvignon Blanc)
2010 Le Terrazze Rosso Conero from Marche, Italy (Montepulciano)
2010 Massaya "Silver Selection" from Bekka Valley, Lebanon (Cinsault/Grenache/Mouvedre)


There's Lindsay from The Garden Apartment! We both agreed that the Massaya red wine from Bekka Valley was our favorite. I'm going to have to try more Lebanese wines!


My name card…"the nuclear and health nut." This is my new tag line!


Wine, wine, and more wine! (There was also food, I promise.)


Some Purdue alumni at the event! Thanks to Lauren (on the right) of Chi Gal Lauren for hosting this great inaugural event!

Follow Second City Social on Twitter and Instagram.

What do you know about wine tasting?

What is your favorite wine?

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! I'm so glad you had a great time and we can't wait to see you again. The Lebanese wine was my favorite, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great event! I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really interesting. You are a great blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeing more of your work.
    The Raven

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?