Monday, July 16, 2012

Fitness Log: Week 9/16

I'm over halfway through my training! This means that I have to step it up on my long runs and get more into the 8-9 mile range. This will be tough over the next two weekends since I'll be travelling to Florida for a conference and to visit my family. My goal for this week is to go to crossfit every morning, except for Friday since I have to catch an 8 am flight.

Monday - CrossFit WOD
3-3-3-3-3 max front squats: 63-83-103-108(2)-103(2)
WOD: 5 rounds for time:
1 power clean (53#)
2 hang cleans (53#)
3 front squats (53#)
30 double unders (I did tuck jumps)
Time: 4:50
I've always struggled with front squats more than back squats because of flexibility issues. I really suprised myself today with new PRs! I'm pretty sure I've never done over 100# on even a 1-rep max front squat! This means that my hips are getting more flexible and my form is getting better. However, I'm still having issues with my knees. My right knee (which is the one that used to give me a lot of pain during running) tends to come in during the squat, especially with a lot of weight or during wall balls. I need to remember to push it out!

Tuesday - CrossFit WOD
3 rounds:
10 hand-stand push ups (from box)
30 box jumps
50 lunges
70 sit-ups
Time: ~25 minutes? (I forgot)
This workout made me soooo sore! (I'm writing this on Thursday and my legs are still in pain.) Lunges always get me!

Wednesday - 3-mile Run
Due to my soreness from Monday and Tuesday, I skipped crossfit and just ran 3 miles at work. It took me about 30 minutes. I was running pretty slow but it helped my recovery overall.

Thursday - CrossFit WOD
For time:
Run 1 Lap
Rest 1 Minute
Run 2 Laps
Rest 2 Minutes
Run 3 Laps
Rest 3 Minutes
Run 5 Laps
Rest 4 Minutes
Run 3 Laps
Rest 3 Minutes
Run 2 Laps
Rest 2 Minutes
Run 1 Lap
Total Time: about 45 minutes
The "lap" in this case is a lap around the block by the gym. It's somewhat less than 400 m, so the 5 laps was approximately a mile. This speedwork was great for my half training but my legs were still sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?