Monday, December 3, 2012

Fitness Log 11/18 - 12/2

I've been bad at keeping track of my workouts for the month of November...but I'm going to start again!

Sunday - 11/18: Run
4.6 mile run
Ryan and I went for a leisurly (slow) run downtown. The weather was nice so it felt great! Ryan is getting back into running (he's really good) after a back injury so hopefully we can do a race "together" soon.

Monday - 11/19: Crossfit
WOD: Crossfit Total
1 rep-max back squat (140 lbs.)
1 rep-max shoulder press (55 lbs.)
1 rep-max deadlift (155 lbs.)
Total score: 350 lbs.
We did this same WOD on October 1 and then proceeded to do a back squat progam, so the back squat should have been the most improved. However I only improved by 5 lbs on the back squat and 10 lbs on the dead lift. I couldn't even get my previous max for the shoulder press at 60 lbs. I was a little frustrated today at not improving much but I think it just wasn't a good day for me to PR. I went on a trip last week and didn't work out much and didn't eat the healthiest, not to mention the 8 hour time change and jet lag. I also didn't do the back squat program fully because I had a race this month and didn't want to be sore. So, I'm not trying to make excuses but I think that there are some valid reasons that I didn't PR today as much as I wanted to. Maybe next time!

Tuesday - 11/20: Crossfit
WOD: “Kelly”
5 Rounds:
400 meter Run
30 Box Jumps
30 Wall Balls (10#)
Time: don't remember...

Wednesday - 11/21: Crossfit
Find max snatch: 65 lbs...new PR!
WOD: “Randy”
75 Snatches (35)
2 Minutes Rest, then:
1 minute Pull-Ups
1 minute Push-Press (35) or same bar you used for “Randy”
1 minute Kettlebell Swing (35)
1 minute Burpees

Thursday - Sunday: Thanksgiving!
I got a mild sinus infection on Thanksgiving so I didn't work out at all :( Unless you count Black Friday shopping as a work out...

Monday - 11/26: Crossfit
Clean Technique then Hang Clean 2-2-2-2-2 max: 70 lbs.
WOD: "Fran"
21 – 15 – 9
Thruster (45#)
Pull-Up (red band)
Time: 7:50
This was very close to my fastest Fran time but I used a thinner band for the pull-ups, which made it a lot harder so I think I did good. A very mean workout to have after Thanksgiving weekend...

Tuesday - 11/27: Crossfit
Max front squat: 125 lbs...new PR!
WOD: 30-20-10
Toes to Bar
Push Up (hand release)
Box Jumps (24/20)
Time: 11:45
A good workout, although I can't quite get my toes to the bar that many times in a row.

Wednesday - 11/28: Crossfit
WOD: 7 rounds:
7 Hang Power Clean (45 lbs)
14 Burpee
2 minute Rest
Total Time: 20:42
I shared a barbell with Katie for this workout and we decided that we could have used a heavier weight for this workout, probably at least 55 lbs. The burpees were actually the hard part of this workout!

Thursday - 11/29: Crossfit
WOD:  “CINDY”
20 Minute AMRAP:
5 Pull Up
10 Push Up
15 Squat
Total: 10 rounds
I did this work out without a band for the pull-ups!! Although it wasn't completely Rx because I still did the push-ups from my knees. The pull ups were definitely a limiting factor for me in this workout because I had to pause often within the set. I always wasn't getting my chin up all the way for the last few sets. Regardless...I'm glad I'm finally moving on to real kipping pull ups! (Also, a blister on my left hand ripped open and it hurts and is gross.)

Friday - 11/30: Rest Day
My upper body was so sore from Thursday so I didn't work out

Saturday - 12/1: Real Ryder Revolution
45-minute spinning class on R3 bikes
Since I plan on not running outside this winter I decided to do spinning class about once a week for endurance cardio work. I tried Real Ryder Revolution earlier this year because one of my sorority sisters teaches classes there (plus there was a groupon). I haven't done other spinning classes before but what's different about the bikes at R3 is that they are suspended in their frame so you feel more like you're on a real bike because you can actually "turn." I think it's much more of a whole body work out than regular stationary bikes and also more exciting!

Sunday - 12/2: Rest Day
Another rest day, oops! Ryan and I went to a wedding at Purdue on Saturday (congrats Mitch and Lauren!) so I was too tired to work out by the time we got back in town. Sitting on the couch and watching TV sounded like a much better idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?