Saturday, March 16, 2013

Karyn's Raw Detox: Days 7-10

This post is part of a series in which I am sharing my journey of Karyn's Raw Detox program. Read my other posts below:


Free Seminar
Day 0
Days 1-2
Days 3-6
Days 7-10


Days 7-10

Week 1 of detox was fine sticking to a vegan diet with some raw foods, but I'm having a much harder time sticking to a completely raw vegan diet since day 8. We've also added a few more supplements to the list and I'm honestly having a hard time keeping track. I had to go to work my first day raw, which was not exactly easy because I had to bring a huge bag full of my supplements, drinks, and other foods (pictured below). It took me like an hour in the morning to prepare everything!




In addition to the supplements taken in week 1, here are the additions:

  • OxyKare - stabilized hydrogen peroxide taken with 32 oz of water; it balances yeast and provides energy and oxygen (who knew?) -- ironically, my only 32-oz cup is the one I have from a bar in college that I would drink huge screwdrivers out of during breakfast club (pictured below). Anyone that went to Purdue will appreciate this :)
  • Energy Soup - a recipe developed by Dr. Wigmore (the first raw food pioneer) that contains spinach, avocado, sprouts, Rejuvelac, dulse, and apples. It's a powerhouse of nutrients.
  • Active Flora - re-populates and promotes growth of beneficial bacteria in intestines
  • Coconut Oil - good for you inside and out! Can be used as moisturizer for your skin
  • Fresh Vegetable Juice - juicing vegetables makes them much easier to digest and fully benefit from all of the nutrients. Week 3 will involve only juicing so this is preparation! 
  • Enemas - I mentioned in my previous posts that this was coming. I will talk more about the enemas in my next post...get excited! Haha...



I've been having seemingly extreme bouts of energy and then fatigue. Sometimes I feel like I am superwoman and have endless energy and even do two workouts a day (days 7 and 9). Other times, I am hungry, lethargic, and want to eat a loaf of bread because I am tired of all the liquids we have to take (days 8 and 10). I may be pushing myself too hard on one day and then paying for it the next. Yesterday I ran 8 miles in the morning and then did HIIT spinning class in the evening. Today I just want to lay in bed all day. Karyn said that these swinging levels of energy are normal during detox. I'm going to try to not do anymore double workout days because I think it's wearing me out too much.

I am embracing raw food this week but I also feel like I can't eat enough. There are a lot of liquids I have to take and I almost just feel falsely full. I stopped by Raw in the Metra train station close to my house today and purchased some raw breads and crackers. I finally felt full after eating raw bread with a "salmon" spread for dinner tonight. However, the purchase was pretty expensive so my goal is to make raw bread and crackers in my new Excalibur dehydrator this week. Speaking of which, I did make some kale chips and they are sooo much better dehydrated than baked! I just put some olive oil, lemon, and sea salt on the them (pictured below). Plus, they are much more nutritious raw!


Do you ever double up on workouts in one day?

What's your favorite kale chip recipe? I'll try to make it raw!

Disclaimer: Karyn's Raw provided the detox class to me for free and is giving me a discount on the supplements for writing about my experience. The text and opinions are completely my own. You can learn more about the detox class here or buy Karyn's book here.

4 comments:

  1. great post!your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too<3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like you blog too! And I followed you!

      Delete

What do you think?