Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: Number 4 Hair Care

In an effort to expand the "goddess" mission of my blog by writing about beauty, I've joined Birch Bloggers! Birchbox is a subscription service that includes samples of beauty products for only $10 per month. Sign up now if you haven't already! You seriously get your money's worth in each month's box. Plus, many of the samples come in small sizes that are very convenient for travel. I really enjoy getting the surprises in the box each month and I've even found a few beauty products that I've loved and now use consistently. Anyway, Birchbox gives away chances to bloggers to review beauty products and I was lucky enough to try out Number 4 Hair Care!

I am trying to buy more natural beauty products so I was excited when I received Number 4 Hair Care. All of the products are vegan and free of gluten, paraben, sulfate, and sodium chloride. They are also highly-concentrated, so there is no waste with watering down. I recieved the Hydrating Shampoo, Hydrating Conditioner, and Blow Dry Lotion. The shape of the shampoo and conditioner bottles is great because they actually fit on your bathtub ledge without falling down!



Each formula of Number 4 Haircare contains the following signature Liquid Complex Culture:

  • Liquid Vibrancy - color protecting and enhancing botanicals
  • Liquid Vitality - anti-aging, soothing ingredients
  • Liquid Defense - balance of proteins and moisturizers for increased manageability
  • Liquid Purity - Prevents buildup while protecting color and natural sheen without sulfates or sodium chloride
I decided to try out the products for 3 weeks before I wrote a review. I did this because it seems that every time you use a new shampoo, your hair always feels great. I wanted to use the hair products for a while before I formed an opinion. I'm actually pretty low-mainence with my hair and use very few products. My usual routine after working out in the morning is to wash it with shampoo (I've been using Clear lately), use some de-tangle leave-in conditioner, brush it out, and let it air dry while I drive to work. For a night out or other special occasion, I'll also use conditioner in the shower and blow dry it. I try to limit heating my hair as much as possible because I know it causes breakage. 

After using Number 4 shampoo and conditioner for 3 weeks, my hair feels and looks amazing! I haven't had a single "bad hair day" and I can even see a difference with how healthy my ends look. I have some ombre highlights in my hair that have made my ends looks worse but I think the new hair products have actually mended some breakage. My hair feels fuller and softer, even though it's still winter weather here in Chicago. 



I know it's hard to tell in the picture, but my hair is more vibrant than before. It is usually very flat and thin looking, especially in the winter. I really like that the shampoo and conditioner feel like their are cleaning my scalp and repairing my hair. I also used the blow dry lotion a few times before blow drying my hair. It did not weight down my hair, which is a good thing. I would have to use it consistently for much longer to determine if it was actually protecting my hair from the blow dry heat. 

Probably one of the most impressive things about the hair products was that my hair looked good even the day after washing it! I don't wash my hair every single day so this is important to me. My hair was not flat and oily the next day like it usually is. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with the Number 4 hair care line and I plan to continue using the shampoo and conditioner. I would also recommend it to my readers! It works for any hair type. 

What's your current favorite hair care product?

Do you blow-dry or air-dry?

Disclaimer: Birchbox and Number 4 Hair Care provdided me with the products for review but all of the opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I recently got Number 4 in my January Birchbox! Absolutely love the results and the smell is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I forgot to mention the amazing smell! I feel like I just went to the salon after I wash my hair :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you sooo much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin,too.
    Do you also follow me on bloglovin???
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I followed you on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?