Monday, July 15, 2013

Marathon Training Log: Week 5

As you all know, I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 13 to support Bright Pink. I've been meaning to update you with my training progress weekly, but lots of travel in June and then the holiday last week got me behind in blogging. We're already through Week 5 (out of 18) for marathon training but I'm finally going to start updating weekly! Please support my training efforts by helping me reach my fundraising goal with Bright Pink!

Donate here!


Monday AM - CrossFit WOD
Max clean & jerk: 85#
5 rounds:
10 hang cleans (55#)
200 m run
10 shoulder to overhead (55#)
Time: 12:56

Monday PM - CrossFit Endurance WOD
4 rounds on the 4:00-minute clock:
400 m run
10 squats
10 push-ups
10 sit-ups
20 mountain climbers

Tuesday AM - Spinning class at R3

Tuesday PM - NTC Lincoln Park
NTC class and nutrition lecture at Centered Chef (blog post)

Wednesday AM - CrossFit WOD
Max push press: 70# (failed at 74#)
5 rounds:
10 sumo deadlift high pulls (45#)
20 lateral bar hops
Time: 5:30

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - CrossFit Endurance WOD
6 rounds:
100 m sprint
squats/push-ups/lunges/pull-ups/burpees/mountain climbers for the rest of the minute (only one movement each round)
2 minute rest
Total reps: 154

Saturday - CrossFit WOD
Lift Up Moore fundraiser
1 rep max clean: 90 lbs. (failed at 95) - new PR!
5 rounds:
20 lateral burpee bar hops
13 squat cleans
Time: 25:45
This workout was to support and fund-raise for the people of Moore, OK, that suffered the terrible tornado on 5/20/13 (hence the reps in the workout). This community fundraiser was run by Train Heroic, which is an awesome app and platform to track your CrossFit workouts.

The 6 am RNCF crew at Lift Up Moore!

I was supposed to run 10 miles on Saturday morning but decided to take it easy with only one workout (which was not that easy). I felt sick on Friday morning and again on Saturday, like I was coming down with a cold. I ate a ton of vegetables and got lots of sleep so it went away and I feel better now. I've always been the type of person that gets sick a lot with colds and sinus infections but I haven't been full-on sick since January! I think some of the things I learned with Karyn's Raw Detox have really helped boost my immune system. Good nutrition and sleep is really the key to being healthy.

Sunday - Rest Day!

Don't forget to enter my Elite Dark Chocolate giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?