Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 6 of Indy 500 Mini Marathon Training

Here's week 6 training for the Indy 500 Mini Marathon on May 3. This plan is an intermediate program with the hopes of getting a PR and finally beating my 1:55 half marathon time. I made this plan with the help of The Crew and Kate of The Four Percent.




Monday - short run
4.75 miles at 8:40 pace, good recovery from the Shamrock Shuffle

Tuesday  - WOD at Cheetah Crossfit




Wednesday - Run Cross Training
I was supposed to do another 5 mile run today but I had a break down with the weather. I went outside all ready to run and decided that I just couldn't take the freezing weather anymore. So I went back inside and back to work and then later in the evening checked out BAC for the first time since it opened. I had signed up back in January and it was supposed to open in February but didn't until the end of March. I got a great sign up special with 2 months free so I'll get my money's worth before I make the big move. Anyway, I tried to run on the treadmill but that was boring (I hate the treadmill except at Shred415). And then I just hung around the machines for a while and did some floor movements. I've completely forgotten how to workout without a class! But BAC does have a lot of classes so I'll be checking out more of them over the coming weeks. 

Thursday - Cross Training + Sprint Workout
I had the chance to be one of the first people to check out the new Shred415 studio in Wicker Park! We just did a shortened half hour workout (usually an hour) but it was still a great workout. Since part of the class is sprinting on a treadmill, I count it as my "track" workout. 



Friday - Cross Training
Spin class at BAC - nice recovery before long run tomorrow!

Saturday - Long Run with The Crew
10.7 miles at 8:50 pace
My Nike+ app didn't work for the first quarter to half a mile so we ran 11. I had 12 on the schedule for this week but I skipped 11 last week because of the Shamrock Shuffle and this training plan is meant for the DC Half the week before mine that many of CRW people are doing. Not sure if I'll do 13 this week or leave it for after the Lakefront 10-miler. But anyway, the run felt great and only my feet/ankles were tired towards the end. The most annoying part is that the water fountains are still not turned on on the lake! Luckily there was a guy giving water by North Ave. beach but not enough stops for this long of a run. Later on Saturday, Ryan and I helped our friend move which involved a lot of stairs and thus my legs were shot by the end of the day. I also got over 7000 points on my fuel band, that's probably my most ever!


How do you plan your workouts at the gym?

What was your favorite/best workout last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?