Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: Icebreaker Merino

Beach volleyball is one of my favorite things to do in the summer but we haven't had the best weather in Chicago. Warm weather was scarce during the first half of the season and I couldn't wear my usual bathing suit so I opted for my Icebreaker Merino Wool long sleeve and tights instead. 


Icebreaker clothing is made out of wool from the merino sheep of the New Zealand mountains. These sheep live in extreme weather, from the frozen winters to the warm summers, and their coats have to be able to adjust. That's why the merino wool fabric is so versatile. Early summer in Chicago is warm but breezy and the temperature drops at night, so this lightweight clothing has been perfect.


I'm wearing the Flash Long Sleeve Half Zip and the Rush 3/4 Tights. The tights aren't as elastic as I would like them to be but they are soft and comfortable. The long sleeve, however, I can't stop wearing! It's prefect for throwing on on the way to the gym or summer sports. I've worn it during kickball and volleyball and before/after paddleboarding. It's still comfortable even when I have a wet bathing suit on. I also love how lightweight it is because even though the sun is warm, it can be breezy and cool in the shade.


I'm excited to try more Icebreaker merino clothing for my upcoming travels and as the seasons change. It seems very versatile for all weather conditions and different types of activities. You can check out the women's running and fitness collection here.


Have you worked out in wool clothing?

What's your favorite summer adventure?


*Icebreaker Merino Wool provided me with this complimentary outfit in exchange for this review post. All pictures, text, and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?