Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Long weekend in Nice, France

My friend, Neena, and I met some of my classmates from the INSEAD 15J class on a trip to the South of France. We Flew Into Nice for a long weekend and had a great time on the Côte d'Azur (French Riviera). As you can see by my pictures, it is a beautiful place, and a long weekend isn't enough to soak it all in. Of course, we had a great time and did a lot of things, including relaxing.






Many of us were tired from traveling so we slept in and then had a late lunch on the beach. There are many great restaurants/beach clubs along the water in Nice. My favorites throughout the trip were Plage Beau Rivage and Opera Plage. This was my first time in the Mediterranean and the beach surprised me a little because it was rocky but the water was so blue.




We woke up early the next day and took an easy hike to the castle just atop old town. The castle ruins of Nice are on a hill and provide spectacular views of the city. It's also a great workout! Afterwards we stopped at the market to pick up some ingredients for lunch. In the afternoon, we took the bus to Monaco, more on that later!




After a night of partying on the beach, we decided to take the day to relax on the beach again. This time we rented cots at the plage, which was totally worth it. I didn't want to leave paradise but we had to fly out that night to head back to Paris, where it was unfortunately cold.

1 comment:

  1. That crotch photo showed up when I googled Nice France. The perspective is just unattractive and rather tacky.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?