Sunday, August 12, 2012

Olympic Favorite Moments

I love watching the Olympics, who doesn't? The worlds best athletes showcase their skills and sports that often aren't televised or watched come to life. The Olympics seems to be the only time that people actually watch running. And swimming, gymnastics, rowing, volleyball, etc. Since this was the first Olympics where Twitter was actually big, I felt better connected to all of the athletes. I was also sick last week and missed work so I watched a lot of Olympics. Watching all of these athletes reminds me that the human body is pretty amazing. (It also makes me feel lazy for sitting on my couch.) One other thing I love about the Olympics is that women are showcased as much as men! You never see women's sports on TV. And, this was the first Olympics where each participating country had at least one female athlete. So, here are just a few of my favorite moments from the past two weeks:


Allyson Felix wins the 200 meter dash


 Gabby Douglas earns best all-around gymnast


Missy Franklin dominates women's swimming with 4 golds and 1 bronze (I love that smile!)


15-year old Katie Ledecky kills the 800 m freestyle


Kate and William being the cutest royal couple ever


 Kerri Walsh and Misty May win gold for the third time (look at those abs!)



Ashton Eaton wins the decathlon (this would be my event if I was an Olympian!)



Team USA dominate's the women's 4x400 relay



USA 4x100 team makes a new WR (how amazing is Allyson Felix for dominating the 100, 200, and 400?!)


 And of course, all of the Ryan Lochte douchebaggery


Finally, America wins it all and lands on Mars! But, McKayla Maroney is not impressed.


What was your favorite Olympics moment?

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to add that David Boudia of Purdue took gold in diving!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?