Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Training Log: Week 13/16

Just 3 weeks until the Chicago Half Marathon! I think I'm going to be prepared, but unfortunately I god a bad sinus infection and didn't workout for about 2 weeks. I hate when these things happen because I was doing so well with my training. This past week was hard and full of sore muscles trying to get back into shape.

Saturday (Aug. 11) - 7-mile run
This was my first workout after being sick and I was actually proud of myself for even running 7 miles. It took me about an hour which is a good pace too. Of course, my legs were really sore after this so I took a couple days break.

Tuesday - CrossFit
1 Mile Run
100 Double Unders
90 Lunges
80 Box Jump (24/20)
70 Burpee
60 GHD Sit Up
50 Squat
40 Kettlebell Swings (53/35)
30 Pull Up
20 Wall Ball
10 Toes to Bar
1 Mile Run
Time: over 45 minutes
This was a hard and long workout, and my first crossfit workout after being sick for 2 weeks. I timed myself on the miles and got 8:30 on the first one but around 10:00 on the last one, I just couldn't breathe and my legs hurt! Again, I was sore for about 3 days after this. What is it about lunges that just kills my thighs? Maybe I need to do lunges more often...

Wednesday - CrossFit
1-rep max shoulder press: 55#
3-rep max push press: 65#
WOD: 21-15-9 of:
Push Press (45#)
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (45#)
Time: 7:03
I'm glad I didn't have to use my legs too much on this one because they were killing me from Tuesday's WOD.

Friday - CrossFit
3 rounds:
500 m row
12 deadlifts (75#)
21 box jumps (20")
Time: 15:44
Again, my legs were still sore from Tuesday! I talked to Coach Meg after the workout and she is the same height/weight as me and can do a 220# max deadlift. She said that I can do a lot more weight than I think I can and I just need to work on my form. I guess I need to actually start doing workouts closer to Rx (the prescribed weight).

Sunday - 8 mile run
Total Time: 1:12
Pace: 9:00/mile
This was a little slower that I would have liked to run. The reason may have been that there were a million (literally) people at the lakeshore for the air and water show. I didn't realize there would be that many people but at least I got to watch some planes do some cool things. Next weekend is a 10-mile run!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?