Monday, September 9, 2013

Marathon Training Log: Week 13

I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 13 to support Bright Pink. I'm tracking my progress so you can follow along. Last week was low in the amount of workouts because of the holiday and I also had to leave town for a wedding. I still got my 18 mile long run in!

We've reached 50% of my $1000 fundraising goal! I'm asking my friends and readers to donate one dollar per mile, or $26.22, if you have the means. If you can't help financially, you can still support me and Bright Pink by posting this blog post on your facebook/twitter!

Donate here!

Monday - Holiday!
I really don't have a good excuse for not working out since my gyms were open, but we had friends staying over and I just felt like enjoying my day off. I did walk about 3 miles total shopping on Michigan Ave :)

Tuesday AM - CrossFit WOD
WOD: “Christine”
3 Rounds
500 meter Row
12 Deadlifts at bodyweight (125#)
21 Box Jumps (20")
Time: 16:40
This was my first Rx WOD in a while. Even though the deadlifts were scaled to bodyweight, I still thought they were pretty heavy.

Wednesday AM - CrossFit WOD
Max shoulder press: 57# (failed at 60)
WOD: 5 Rounds
10 Shoulder to Overhead (45#)
200 meter Run
10 Toes to Bar (knees to chest)
Time: 10:40
Good, fast workout!

Thursday AM - Rest Day
Resting for my long run on Friday!

Friday AM - Long Run
18 miles
Time: 2:42:47
Pace: 9:03/mile
I had to take the day off work because Ryan and I were leaving early to head out of town for a rehearsal/dinner and wedding. So I had to get up early (at 4 am) to complete the long run. I'm kind of a fan of this super early morning running. I felt pretty good the whole time, the last mile or two were really a struggle. I also brought only 1 gel with me and it wasn't enough. I could really use some coconut water while I'm running so I might have Ryan give me one during the marathon itself. The longest run is the 20-miler in 2 weeks and I'm doing this with NTC and Fleet Feet, so it will be more like a race and fun to run with other people. 5 weeks to go!!

Saturday & Sunday - Rest Days
I'm really bad about working out when I travel. We were at a wedding in Noblesville, IN, for the weekend and stayed out late both Friday and Saturday so it was hard for me to get up early and work out (plus I felt really accomplished from my 18 miles). I'll be back at it this week! Although I'm going out of town again this weekend.

What was your favorite/best workout last week?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that lately I've been having more - I want to have sleep in a couple more days a week - thoughts bugging me as I wake up for the early runs!
    Nice job again getting out there in the early hours! Do you do the lakefront? If so, I'll have to look for you some time.


    Favorite work out last week..my 16 miler was nice, just to feel how my strain is holding together and improving. Not many big runs left to really get a good feel!


    Best work out.. last Friday, I had my pace run and didn't miss a single time mark, which felt good on the mind and body!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?