Monday, March 10, 2014

Jordan's Black Bean Salsa

My friend Jordan is a pretty great cook and she gave me this awesome salsa recipe back in college. So when I got invited to a blogger brunch party this past Sunday, I decided to make it because I knew it would be a hit, and it was! Seriously, the bloggers were like, you need to post this recipe ASAP! So here it is, the super-easy and very delicious black bean salsa.



Ingredients
1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 8.5 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
2 beefsteak tomatoes, cored and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
2 limes, juiced
1-2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 jalepeno chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Just chop and mix all ingredients! Add more vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to adjust taste. You can make the salsa the day before serving to let the ingredients soak in the lime but add the avocado just before serving. Scoop-type chips work best with this dip. Also great for tacos.


Want more of Jordan's recipes? Let me know in the comments and I'll try to rope her in to guest blogging. She also gardens :)

What fresh fruits/veggies are you looking forward to this spring?

2 comments:

What do you think?