Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 4 - Indy 500 Mini Marathon Training

Here's week 4 training for the Indy 500 Mini Marathon on May 3. This plan is an intermediate program with the hopes of getting a PR and finally beating my 1:55 half marathon time. I made this plan with the help of The Crew and Kate of The Four Percent.

Also, The Crew and NTC Chicago are awesome and gave me a free entry to the Shamrock Shuffle on March 30th! The race is an 8k and it feels like everyone in Chicago does it, even the non-runners. Registration is still open if you're interested. Should be a fun time!




Indy Mini Training Week 4

Monday - short run
6 mile run at 9:05 pace with Jessica (it was so hot and humid in Florida, I was dying)

Tuesday - WOD at CrossFit Estero
My sister is trying out crossfit and going through a basics program so I joined her! We did a lot of squats so of course my hamstrings hurt after.



Wednesday - short run
30 minute run (3-4 miles)

Thursday - WOD at Cheetah Crossfit
5 rounds:
3 Squat Cleans, 65% of clean 1RM
KB Farmer’s Carry – to GHD machine and back (25lb)
50 DU (3x single unders)
KB Farmer’s Carry – to GHD machine and back (25lb)
3 Squat Clean, 65% of clean 1RM (45lb)
+ Rest 90seconds

Friday - recovery
walk 2 miles (yes, walking is great recovery! Plus it was above freezing here in Chiberia)

Saturday and Sunday - rest
Was going to do my long run Saturday but I stayed out too late with my new business school friends, oops! Then I still wasn't feeling it Sunday so moved 10 mile run to Monday.


Monday - long run
10 miles at 8:39 pace
This run felt really great! I'm glad I took the whole weekend off! This is one the fastest paces that I've run all winter and it felt fantastic. That half marathon PR is definitely within reach :)


What was your best/favorite workout this week?

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY to win tickets to see Jillian Michaels on April 9 in Chicagoland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?