Monday, December 10, 2012

Fitness Log: 12/3 - 12/9

Monday - 12/3: Rest Day
I was lazy and slept in so I just walked a couple miles at lunch because it was so nice outside!

Tuesday - 12/4: Crossfit
Pre-WOD: Max Shankle Complex (3 hang clean shrugs, 1 hang squat clean, 2 jerks) - 80 lbs.
WOD:
Power Clean 7,000 lbs in 10 minutes
I did 128 reps of 45-lb. Cleans, total: 5,760 lbs.
I wasn't sure that I wanted to do the WOD today after checking the website the night before because it seemed really technical. This was my first time doing the "Shankle Complex" and I basically was able to do my clean and jerk max. The WOD was actually kind of a neat workout because you realize how much weight you can lift in 10 minutes. I didn't quite reach the 7,000 lbs goal for 5,760 lbs. is pretty good!

Wednesday - 12/5: Crossfit
Pre-WOD: 3 rounds:
1 minute hand-stand hold, 1 minute rowing, 1 minute plank
Benchmark WOD "Diane"
21 – 15 – 9 of:
Deadlift (225/155)
Handstand Push Up (from box)
Time: 3:51
My lower back was really hurting from the cleans yesterday (this is not supposed to happen so I need to work on my form) so the deadlifts didn't feel that good. Regardless, a good workout day!

Thursday - 12/6: Rest Day
I stayed up too late because a friend was staying over at our house so I didn't go to sleep early enough to get up early to work out. Oops!

Friday -  12/7: CrossFit and Run
Pre-WOD: Push Press 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 (55-60-65-70-75)
WOD: 10 Minute AMRAP
1 Curtis P (55)
2 Kettlebell Swings (35)
2 Curtis P (55)
4 Kettebell Swing (35)
3 Curtis P (55)
6 Kettlebell Swing (35)
etc..
I got up to 5 Curtis P/10 KB swings
Then: 4-mile run to Navy Pier!
Today was my flex day off from work so I decided to also go for a run after CrossFit. It was a bit chilly but I made it to the end of Navy Pier and back, which is about 4 miles. My legs were deifnitely tired later in the day! The Curtis P is a barbell move where you clean the barbell, then do 2 lunges (1 on each leg), and then a push press. The lunges plus running made my glutes really sore!

Chicago skyline from Navy Pier


Saturday - 12/8: CrossFit
Partner 25 Minute AMRAP
10 Power Clean (55)
10 Wall Ball (10)
10 Toes to Bar
My partner, Alvin, and I completed 12 rounds plus 7 cleans (I completed 6 rounds).
This was a good workout and having a partner really made you push through each round quickly. The toes to bar were the hardest pat for me. My abs are never sore from toes to bar so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right?

Sunday - 12/9: Rest Day
My friends and I went to TBOX (a huge Christmas-themed bar crawl in Chicago) all day Saturday so Sunday was spent on the couch haha, but I'm refreshed for a good week of workouts next week!

Crossfit workouts provided by River North Crossfit in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?