Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Lenka's Look" at NTC Lincoln Park



The Nike Training Club (NTC) in Lincoln Park (Chicago) is featuring runners and their "looks" and I was lucky enough to be chosen as the first one! NTC LP asked me for some of my race bibs, medals, pictures and Nike clothes that I've run in. Then I picked out an outfit that I would wear at a race (which is below). By the way, the color is actually more coral/pink than red, as it shows up the in picture. NTC also sent me a questionnaire, part of which is featured in the display case. I copied it below!

What is your fitness goal?
I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 13th.

What are your training essentials?
The Nike Relay Capri and G87 tanks are my favorites. I always run with my Nike+ iPod Nano too!


What's your favorite class at NTC LP?
NTC with Kate and marathon crew run on Saturdays...I couldn't do those long runs alone!

What music do you like to train with?
Mostly upbeat pop...Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Justin Timberlake, Demi Lovato, Lady Gaga

How many races have you participated in?
Countless 5k and track races in high school and two Naples Half Marathons.
Then I picked up running races again after college:
2010: Chicago Marathon
2011: Cherry Blossom 10-miler (DC), Miami Beach Rock n Roll Half
2012: Chicago Half, Hot Chocolate 15k
2013: Indy 500 Mini Marathon, Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, Rock n Roll Half Chicago, BTN Big 10k, and Chicago Marathon coming up!

What sports did you do growing up?
Cross Country, Track, and Basketball.

What motivates you?
Ryan, my boyfriend, is one of those people that truly enjoys running. He got me back into it when we started dating at the end of college and we do many races "together," but he's a lot faster than I am. For the Chicago Marathon this year, Team Bright Pink has been my motivation. My blog and the community that I've gained from it also motivate me. It holds me accountable to stay fit and eat healthy.

Who are your favorite athletes or trainers?
Allyson Felix became my inspiration last year when she dominated the track at the Olympics. She was unstoppable and amazing! I also like Maria Sharapova because she proves that you can be both feminine and an amazing athlete.


Thanks to NTC Lincoln Park for featuring me! I should make a display of my race bibs/medals at home as a motivator. Maybe when we get a bigger apartment and have more room :)

Do you have a race display at home?

What motivates you?

Who are your favorite athletes or trainers?

2 comments:

What do you think?