Sunday, August 11, 2013

Solo sushi dinner and walk around Lake Union

Greetings from Seattle! I'm traveling for work this week and decided to come to Seattle a little early on Sunday so I would have time to enjoy the city on Sunday afternoon. I was actually supposed to meet up with two friends from my dorm in college who now live here. Unfortunately, they got in a car accident on the way to pick me up! No one was hurt but they had to get Jessica's car towed and although I still got to see them because it happened close to my hotel, we had to cancel dinner plans. It really sucks that her car is messed up and I hope we can reschedule for later this week.

So anyway, I ended up finding a sushi place close to the hotel and on Lake Union. I got a seat on the patio outside and had a nice dinner for one. I used to feel much more self-concious about sitting at a table and eating dinner alone in a restaurant but I think I'm more comfortable now that I travel alone for work a lot. The one thing I can't figure out is what to do with myself while I'm waiting for food. I usually just end up on my phone. Next time I should just focus on sitting there, relaxing, and enjoying the view.






Do you ever eat alone at restaurants? How do you occupy yourself?

What's your favorite spot in Seattle? Lake Union is my new favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and started following you! Love it and the view of the Lake is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?