Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MARK BAR Review + Discount

I'm always looking for new natural food products to try and when I first heard about Mark Bars, I had to contact them for a sample! Mark Bars are all-natural energy bars made out of quinoa and dates. They really combine the best of natural plant-based ingredients for sustained energy for a workout. I've been eating Mark Bars mainly before my long runs for Chicago Marathon training and they're working really well to sustain my energy during the runs, and without making my stomach upset.


Mark Beier, creator of Mark Bar, is a personal trainer in Chicago and you can find him at Shred415 (which I haven't tried myself yet but it's on my list). He's spent years perfecting the recipe of his bars to have to right combination of carbs, protein, and fat to help fuel workouts. The ingredient that sticks out to me that you usually don't find in other energy bars is quinoa. I write about quinoa a lot and have many quinoa recipes so you know I'm a fan. Quinoa itself is an ideal blend of carbs, protein, and fat. It is also one of the only plant-based sources of complete protein.

Other ingredients in the bars include gluten-free oats, dates, honey, and sea salt. Oats and dates are excellent sources of complex and simple carbs, while honey provides sugar for quick energy. Sea salt contains minerals to help replenish what you sweat out while working out. Other ingredients used in the different flavors includcherries, blueberries, peanut butter, almonds, almond butter, and dairy-free chocolate. All natural and good for you! You can learn more about the Mark Bar ingredients hereThere are four Mark Bar flavors (pictured above) and I honestly liked them all but I would have to say that my favorite is peanut butter chocolate. 

I highly recommend giving Mark Bars a try as pre-workout fuel or a snack during the day. And the best part is that my readers get 20% off when purchasing online! Just enter HFGFANS when checking out. You can also buy Mark Bars at gyms and health food stores in the Chicago area, check out the store locator. I hope you try them and then comment and let me know what you think! Also, be sure to follow Mark Bar on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Disclaimer: Mark Bar did not sponsor this post but they did provide a sample box for free in exchange for a product review on my blog. All text and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?