Monday, August 12, 2013

Marathon Training Log: Week 9

I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 13 to support Bright Pink. I'm tracking my progress so you can follow along. At the beginning of the week I felt sick and therefore didn't workout much. I'm traveling this upcoming week but still going to try to run each day.

I'm excited for this journey and please support my training efforts by helping me reach my fundraising goal!

Donate here!

Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday PM - Run
Easy 5-mile run
I felt sick in the morning but better later in the day. An easy run helped wake me up and clear up my sinuses.

Wednesday - Rest Day
We had kickball playoffs in the evening starting at 6pm so I had to get to work early so I could leave early. Sadly, no time for working out! Although, it was still an active day with 3 back-to-back kickball games.

Thursday AM - CrossFit WOD
20-minute AMRAP:
5 pull-ups (started Rx but had to switch to red band after 25 pull-ups)
10 box jumps (20")
15 sit-ups
Total rounds: 10 + 17 reps
Workout felt good and I almost did the whole thing Rx but my hands were starting to rip so I had to switch to using a band for pull-ups halfway through.

Friday AM - CrossFit Endurance WOD
2 rounds:
200 m run
400 m run
600 m run
My legs felt heavy from box jumps but still a great workout!

Saturday AM - CrossFit WOD
Partner 20-minute AMRAP
200 m run
max Curtis-P (clean, 2 lunges, push press) 45#
(one partner does max Curtis-Ps while the other runs)
Total reps: 73
Great partner WOD except that I was bad at using the run as recovery.

Saturday AM #2 - Spinning at R3
After lunges and spinning, my legs were really sore from Saturday's workouts. I could barely walk in the Seattle airport after my 4-hour flight!

Sunday - Rest Day


What was your favorite/best workout last week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of everyone's exercise right now.. lol Favorite exercise over the last week.. On the one hand, any I did, as I can't now. But on the other hand, I should have stopped much earlier and been able to bounce back sooner.

    For now, just chasing my kid around and cleaning.

    Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids and cleaning can definitely be a workout! I hope you heal soon!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?